COMMERCIAL TRACTOR INSURANCE
Commercial tractor insurance provide coverage in case of an accident, fire, theft or a natural calamity to tractors which are used for private or public goods carrying purposes.
What is covered in commercial tractor insurance?
Damages to commercial tractor in case of an accident.
Loss of vehicle due to theft.
Third Party Losses
Third party property and liability to injuries, deaths are covered in commercial tractor insurance.
Partial or full damage to commercial tractor because of fire.
Any damage or loss of commercial tractor due to natural calamities such as floods, lightning or storms.
What’s not covered?
Following are the exclusions in a commercial tractor insurance policy
• General Wear & Tear
• Any loss or damage to the insured vehicle due to war, invasion or nuclear warfare etc.
• Mechanical or electrical breakdown
• Any loss or damage caused outside the geographical area of coverage as mentioned in the policy.
• Usual depreciation of the value of the vehicle.
• Driving without appropriate driving license.
• Non-accidental losses.
• Any loss occurred to insured vehicle while using the vehicle for racing or any illegal purposes.
• Any losses occurred while drunk driving of the vehicle.
Types of commercial tractors covered
There are two types of commercial tractor insurance you can buy in India
- Private Carrier Insurance – Commercial tractors which are used for carrying goods belonging to insured or insured’s business only are covered in this policy. Carrying public goods are not permitted in this type of policy and can lead to rejection of claims.
- Public Carrier Insurance – Commercial tractors which are used for carrying public goods and for hire/reward purpose are insured in this policy. It has no restriction on type of goods one can carry with their tractor-trailer.
Commercial tractor insurance price list
|TYPE OF COMMERCIAL TRACTOR
Types of commercial tractor insurance?
- Third party commercial tractor insurance – A third party commercial tractor insurance is a commercial vehicle insurance that covers any legal liabilities resulting from any third-party damages caused by the insured vehicle. It covers third-party property or person damage caused by the insured vehicle or the vehicle being carried. It also provides personal accident coverage for the truck’s owner-driver.
- Comprehensive commercial tractor insurance – It protects the insured vehicle completely by covering third-party liabilities as well as own vehicle damage. In addition to third-party person and property damage coverage, it also includes any loss or damage to the insured vehicle caused by fire, accidents, natural disasters, vandalism, or theft. This insurance, just like a third party plan, also covers the owner/driver,
How to make a claim?
- Inform the insurance company about the incident.
- The insurance provider will make a physical inspection of the truck.
- Network garage will make the repair work evaluation.
- The insurer will approve the repair following the repair work at the network garage.
- After repairs, the invoice is submitted to the insurance provider.
- Fill up the claim form and submit all the other required documents.
- The bill will be settled directly with the network garage.
Documents required to file a claim
- Copy of Registration Certificate (RC) of school bus.
- Original loss estimate
- Original repair bill or invoice
- Repair bill payment receipt
- Police FIR (in case of third party liabilities)
- Vehicle’s keys (in case of theft)
- Non-traceable certificate (in case of theft)
How is commercial tractor insurance different from a farm tractor insurance?
Commercial tractors are used for heavy duty tasks such as carrying heavy loads of products and travel more than tractors which are only used for agricultural and farms and hence posses higher risks of damages than farm tractors which is why commercial tractor policy is also expensive than farm tractors.
How much is commercial tractor insurance price?
Commercial tractor insurance price is 8432 plus GST if it carries private good and 15746 plus GST if its used for carrying public goods.
What is the price for 1 year commercial tractor policy?
1 year third party policy price is 9451 for private goods carrying commercial tractor and 17647 for public goods carrying commercial tractor.